A 20-year marketing veteran, Wilson has extensive experience in helping general market organizations to successfully reach the Hispanic market through culturally-relevant communication. Wilson brings a unique combination of general market and multicultural market experience to the table, which ensures brands strategies are aligned for all markets from the start. Through “transcreations” and not translations, Wilson has steered national, regional and local companies alike to profitable relationships with Hispanic and multicultural audiences. Wilson runs his own Orlando-based marketing agency, Camelo Communication, where he serves clients in industries including retail, travel & tourism, financial services, healthcare and nonprofits.
Bruegger’s, Bright House Networks, Comcast, Disney on Ice, Krispy Kreme, UPS, Verizon FiOS, Raymond James, Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey®, State Farm, and others.
Bilingual marketing and strategy, U.S. Hispanic, total market expert
- University of Connecticut
- Public Affairs Officer School, Fort Benjamin Harrison
- Advanced Risk Communication, New York University
- U.S. Air Force Officer
- Sought-after speaker on the topic of culturally-relevant communication (credits include Hispanicize, American Marketing Association, American Medical Association, PRSA International Conference, Hispanic Marketing Forum, among many others.
- Girls Fast Pitch Softball Assistant Coach
- Die-hard UConn Huskies Fan
- Fishing and soccer
Little Known Fact
Wilson can speak perfect “Spanglish,” weaving from Spanish to English without missing a beat.