Backed by 25+ years of experience, Debbie is the senior counselor that everyone wants on their team, particularly when the CEO or a subject-matter expert is about to face a pack of reporters. A nationally acclaimed media trainer, she has conducted some 500 individual and group training sessions for globally recognized brands, start-up organizations and packed crowds at seven Public Relations Society of America conferences. When not coaching industry leaders or rocket scientists (literally), Debbie is a full-time lecturer at Kennesaw State University in metro Atlanta. She is also the founder ofWetherhead Communications, a PR firm best known for its ability to generate publicity and finesse B2B communications.
AGCO, Beazer Homes, The Coca-Cola Company, Cox Automotive, Delta Air Lines, Emory University, Federal Express, Ford Motor Company, Georgia-Pacific, General Motors, IBM, ING, Johnson & Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, Motorola, NASA, University of Georgia, UPS, Walt Disney Imagineering, YKK and more.
Media training, presentation coaching
- University of Florida (BS in journalism; major in PR)
- Kennesaw State University (working toward MA in integrated global communications)
- Presenter to standing-room-only audiences at multiple PRSA international conferences
- Adjunct professor, university guest lecturer and contributing author
- Arts and culture buff
- Beach, beach, baby
- Traveled solo on bucket-list trip to Japan
Little Known Fact
As a young professional, Debbie emceed a televised parade.