When it comes to needing a thinker and savvy strategic partner, you’ll want Barb Scherer on your team. A known leader in the advertising and marketing industry, Barb has developed, launched, branded and rebranded client companies and products through customized integrated marketing communications plans and programs. Barb’s analytical mind is constantly at work, helping clients assess their situations, devise strategic approaches and define smart tactical paths to success. Having spent many years at ad agencies, then as a corporate marketer, she looks at things through both lenses. Barb does this through her marketing and business consultancy, Scherer Marketing, LLC.
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, City of Winter Park, Damp Rid, Diet Coke, Disney’s Wide World of Sports, Fifth Third Bank, Florida Citrus Sports, Florida Lottery, Fox Sports, Kessler Hotels, Middleton Lawn & Pest Control, Orlando Health, Orlando Sentinel, Posner Cosmetics, Resolve Carpet Cleaner, Rosen Hotels, Sunshine Network, Sonny’s BBQ, Sprint, Tijuana Flats and more.
Marketing and brand assessments, consumer insight research, brand strategy, marketing plans, ad campaign development, paid media and promotions, public relations, brand activations and special events, social media strategy.
- B.A. from Florida Southern College in Mass Communications; concentration in Advertising & P.R. and minor in Marketing
- Advisory Council member for University of Florida’s College of Journalism & Communications, Advertising Program
- Leadership roles with the American Advertising Federation (AAF) at the local, district and national levels
- Silver Medal Award recipient from AAF-Orlando
- Marketer of the Year Award from American Marketing Assoc., Central FL
- Avid cyclist and lover of cities, beaches and mountains
Little Known Fact
Barb’s first job out of college was as the Press Office Coordinator for the Miss U.S.A. pageant, working on-site during production of the TV special.